Where is my head. I check and double check all reservation dates before I book a campsite. The last thing I want to do is screw up reservation dates. Traveling in a big rig with three fur babies makes it difficult to reserve online. I don’t want to have any surprises when we arrive at our campground. I always call and personally talk to reservations at each campground to make sure the sites are long enough and to make sure they allow three small fur babies. I disclose everything. Sometimes I will check availability using the campground’s online reservation system before I call.
Today, I called and made reservations over the phone at a KOA in Oregon. After the days I requested were booked and the deposit was paid for, I told Hubby I had reservations for June 16 through the 19th. With a puzzled look on his face, he questioned me. “How will we get to Oregon by June 16, if we are not leaving Pennsylvania until June 8th”. My brain went into high gear and, heck, I quickly realized I screwed up. I needed reservations for July 16th, not June. What was I thinking? I quickly got on the phone and called the KOA Campground reservations. The lady I initially reserved with answered the phone and I told her I made a mistake. Since those days were not available for July and she really wanted to help me get my reservations changed, she asked if she could call me back because she needed to do some rearranging to get us booked. She called back and said it was not possible for those dates but she could book me two days later and for a longer time. I booked it and now I had to figure out what to do for two nights. I know, I will see if I can extend our previous camp reservation for two nights. I called and guess what? They had availability. YAY!
These changes actually worked out better for us. I would still like to get us closer to the Redwood National Forest. With our current reservations, it will be a two hour drive to the Redwood National Forest.
I’ve been doing my research for both campgrounds and attractions we want to visit.
So far, I have a short list of must-see Attractions:
- Mount Rainier
- Mount St Helen
- Crater Lake
- Redwood National Forest
- Yosemite National Park
These are the main attractions we will visit. I guess you will need to read my blog to see the “off the wall” places I want to visit. Places like the “Duct Tape Regatta” and “The Lone Toilet”.
I love my RVTRIPWizard program. Not only for searching campgrounds and planning our trip route. I like to research attractions and where they are in conjunction to the campgrounds we are staying in.
It’s a lazy, stormy day so the fur babies are napping. I think they know it is raining and we can’t go outside.
Benji decided he wanted to lay his head on my laptop computer. He thinks he is helping but in reality, he is not. Because I think it is cute, I do not make him move. I guess my research of things to do in Oregon will have to wait a while.
The storms started at 3:45 am this morning. Lightning, thunder, heavy rain and high winds lasted for hours this morning. At first we could hear the storm in a distance, but soon it was right over us. I have not seen a storm this intense in years. BooBoo and Benji faired well. Bella did not like the storm at all. It rained most of the day today. The sun finally came out around 7:00 pm. Watching the weather on today’s news showed the worst of the storm hit the Tampa area. If I thought the storm that rolled through our area was intense, what was it like in Tampa.
God Bless, Stay Safe, Be Kind to Every Kind and weather the storm the best you can.
One thought on “Working on Reservations on a Stormy Day”
RVTripWizard is very helpful indeed! It does make it easier to recover from those rare reservation mistakes or frequent plan changes that I tend to encounter. I can’t wait to get back out on the road this summer and would love to see some rain. Thanks for sharing your journey!
LikeLiked by 1 person